- Disclaimer. The Company expressly disclaims any obligation to monitor its Customers and other Users with respect to violations of this AUP. The Company has no liability or responsibility for the actions of any of its Customers or other Users or any content any User may post on any Web site.
- Reporting Non-Copyright Violations. The Company encourages Users to report violations of this policy by e-mail to: [email protected], including in any such report the name of the offending domain and the type of abuse in the "subject" field of the e-mail.
- Remedies. If the Company learns of a violation of this AUP, the Company will respond to the applicable Customer and may, in the Company's sole discretion, take any of the following actions, in accordance with the severity and duration of the violation.
RESERVATION OF RIGHTS. The Company reserves the right to cooperate with appropriate legal authorities in investigations of claims of illegal activity involving the Company's Services, Customers and other Users. The Company reserves all other rights to respond to violations of this AUP to the extent of applicable law and in accordance with any applicable contractual obligations. The Company may utilize technical means to monitor communications into, and out of, its network facilities to prevent the introduction of viruses or other hostile code, to prevent intrusions and otherwise to enforce this AUP and each Customer agrees that the Company is authorized to monitor its communications through the Company's network for such purposes.
- Warning the Customer. and/or
- Suspending the offending Customer from the Services. and/or
- Terminating the offending Customer from the Services. and/or
- Imposing fees or charges on the offending Customer account in accordance with the applicable service contract. and/or
- Taking other action in accordance with this AUP, the applicable service contract or applicable law
Your privacy is very important to SITELOCK, LLC, an Arizona limited liability company (the "Company"). We want to make your experience using our services and on the Internet as enjoyable and rewarding as possible, and we want you to use the Internet's vast array of information, tools, and opportunities with complete confidence.
- Introduction. The Company collects information in different ways from Visitors and Customers who access the various parts of our Services and the network of Web sites accessible through our Services. We use this information primarily to provide a customized experience as you use our Services and, generally, do not share this information with third parties. However, we may disclose personal information collected if we have received your permission beforehand or in very special circumstances, such as when we believe that such disclosure is required by law or other special cases described below.
- Registration. Customers are asked to provide certain personal information when they sign up for our Services including name, address, telephone number, billing information (such as a credit card number), and the type of personal computer being used to access the Services. The personal information collected from Customers during the registration process is used to manage each Customer's account (such as for billing purposes). This information is not shared with third parties, unless specifically stated otherwise or in special circumstances. However, in instances where the Company and a partner jointly promote the Services, the Company may provide the partner certain personal information, such as the name, address, and username of persons who subscribed to the Services as a result of the joint promotion for the sole purpose of allowing us and the partner to assess the results of the promotion. In this instance, personal information may not be used by the partner for any other purpose. The Company may also generate non-identifying and aggregate profiles from personal information Customers provide during registration (such as the total number, but not the names, of Customers). As explained in more detail below, we may use this aggregated and non-identifying information to sell advertisements that appear on the Services.
- The Company's Partners and Sponsors. Some the Company products and services are offered to Visitors and Customers in conjunction with a non-affiliated partner. To provide Visitors and Customers some of these products and services, the partner may need to collect and maintain personal information. In these instances, we will provide such data collected or transferred to our Partners and Sponsors (e.g., domain registration). Additionally, many the Company Customers have co-branded pages that are co-sponsored by non-affiliated partners. The Company will share non-identifying and aggregate information (except as described above), but not personal information, with such partners in order to administer the co-branded products or services offered.
- Online Shopping. At some Web sites, you can purchase products and services or register to receive materials, such as a catalog or new product and service updates. In many cases, you may be asked to provide contact information, such as your name, address, email address, phone number, and credit/debit card information. If you complete an order for someone else, such as an online gift order sent directly to a recipient, you may be asked to provide information about the recipient, such as the recipient's name, address, and phone number. The Company has no control over the third parties' use of any personal information you provide when placing such an order. Please exercise care when doing so. If you order products directly from the Company, we will use the personal information you provide only to process that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order.
- Online Advertisements. The Company displays our online advertisements. We share aggregated and non-identifying information about our Visitors and Customers collected through the registration process as well as through online surveys and promotions with these advertisers. Additionally, in some instances, we use this aggregated and non-identifying information to deliver tailored advertisements. For instance, an advertiser tells us the audience they want to reach (for example, males between 25 and 55 years of age) and provides us an advertisement tailored to the audience. Based upon the aggregated and non-identifying information we have collected, we may then display the advertisement to the intended audience. The Company does not share personal information about its Visitors or Customers with these advertisers.
- Responses to Email Inquiries. When Visitors or Customers send email inquiries to the Company, the return email address is used to answer the email inquiry we receive. The Company does not use the return email address for any other purpose and does not share the return email address with any third party.
- Voluntary Customer Surveys. We may periodically conduct both business and individual customer surveys. We encourage our customers to participate in these surveys because they provide us with important information that helps us to improve the types of services we offer and how we provide them to you. Your personal information and responses will remain strictly confidential, even if the survey is conducted by a third party. Participation in our customer surveys is voluntary. We take the information we receive from individuals responding to our Customer Surveys and combine (or aggregate) it with the responses of other the Company customers to create broader, generic responses to the survey questions (such as gender, age, residence, hobbies, education, employment, industry sector, or other demographic information). We then use the aggregated information to improve the quality of our services to you, and to develop new services and products. This aggregated, non-personally identifying information may be shared with third parties.
- Special Cases. It is the Company's policy not to use or share the personal information about Visitors of Customers in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses. However, the Company may disclose personal information about Visitors or Customers, or information regarding your use of the Services or Web sites accessible through our Services, for any reason if, in our sole discretion, we believe that it is reasonable to do so, including: to satisfy laws, such as the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, regulations, or governmental or legal requests for such information; to disclose information that is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our Acceptable Use Policy or other user policies; to operate the Services properly; or to protect the Company and our Customers.
- Statistics. We use information gathered about you from our site statistics (for example your IP address) to help diagnose problems with the Services. We also gather broad demographic information from this data to help us improve the Services. This is not linked to any personally identifiable information, except as necessary to prevent fraud or abuse on our system.
- The Company's Commitment to Children's Privacy. Protecting children's privacy is especially important to us. It is our policy to comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 and all other applicable laws. While we make every effort to ensure that these Web sites are fun and age-appropriate for our younger audience, we believe that there is no substitute for proper parental supervision. The Company recommends that children ask a parent for permission before sending personal information to the Company, or to anyone else online.
- Public Forums. Any information you may disclose in public areas of our Web sites or the Internet, becomes public information. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose personal information in these public areas.
- The Company's Commitment to Data Security. Services and Web sites we sponsor have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. While we make every effort to ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party "hackers" from illegally obtaining this information.
- How to Access or Modify Your Information. The Company offers Customers the opportunity to access or modify information provided during registration. To access or modify such information contact our Customer Service Department.
- Exceptions. As stated previously in this policy, we will never give out your information without your permission. The only exceptions to this are, when we are required by law, in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the law, or we must comply with a legal process served on our web site. We may also need to give out your information if one of our partners requires it, but these situations are rare and we will always ask for your explicit permission first.
- Revisions to This Policy. The Company reserves the right to revise, amend, or modify this policy, our Internet Service Agreement and our other policies and agreements at any time and in any manner. Notice of any revision, amendment, or modification will be posted in accordance with the Internet Service Agreement.
SiteLock Customer Agreement
This Customer Agreement ("Agreement") is an agreement between SITELOCK, LLC, an Arizona limited liability company ("the Company") and the party set forth in the related Registration Form ("Customer") incorporated herein by reference (together with any subsequent Registration Forms or other online signup, acceptance or order form submitted by Customer, the "Registration Form"), and applies to the purchase of all services ordered by Customer on the Registration Form (collectively, the "Services"). As used herein the term "Customer" shall also include any and all users, customers, subscribers, affiliates (including without limitations users or non-users to whom the Company provides links or banners to promote the services or products of the Company or any third party the services or products of which are offered by or obtained through or in connection with the Company), resellers or others (i) who sign up for, use or obtain services or products from the Company or from any third party services or products of which are offered by or obtained through or in connection with the Company, or (ii) who visit the websites of the Company or its affiliates.
PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY.
SIGNING UP FOR THE SERVICES CREATES A CONTRACT BETWEEN CUSTOMER AND SITELOCK, LLC, AN ARIZONA LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY (THE "COMPANY") CONSISTING OF THE ORDER, THE APPLICABLE SERVICE DESCRIPTION AND THIS USER AGREEMENT. CUSTOMER AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND ALL TERMS AND CONDITIONS INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE IN THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING OUR ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY. CUSTOMER'S USE OF THE SERVICES CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT.
BY CLICKING THE "I ACCEPT" BUTTON OR CHECKBOX IN THE REGISTRATION FORM, CUSTOMER HEREBY AGREES WITH THE COMPANY TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS OF SERVICE AND ANY TERMS INCORPORATED HEREIN BY SPECIFIC REFERENCE (COLLECTIVELY, THE "TERMS").
THE COMPANY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY OR AMEND THESE TERMS WITHOUT NOTICE AT ANY TIME, AND SUCH MODIFICATION WILL BE EFFECTIVE UPON POSTING BY THE COMPANY ON ITS WEBSITE. CUSTOMER AGREES TO BE BOUND BY ANY CHANGES TO THESE TERMS WHEN CUSTOMER USES THE SERVICES AFTER ANY SUCH MODIFICATION IS POSTED. IT IS THEREFORE IMPORTANT THAT CUSTOMER READ THIS PAGE REGULARLY TO ENSURE CUSTOMER IS UPDATED AS TO ANY CHANGES.
NOTE: THIS AGREEMENT CONTAINS A BINDING INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER PROVISION THAT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT AND WITH RESPECT TO ANY "DISPUTE" (AS DEFINED BELOW) BETWEEN YOU AND THE COMPANY. YOU HAVE A RIGHT TO OPT OUT OF THE BINDING ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER PROVISIONS AS FURTHER DESCRIBED BELOW.
This Agreement is a binding contract between the "Company" and the party set forth in the related Registration Form, which is incorporated herein by reference (together with any subsequent Registration Forms or other online signup, acceptance or order form submitted by Customer, the "Registration Form"), and applies to the purchase of all services ordered by Customer on the Registration Form.
Ineligible Parties. To the extent permissible by law, Customer is ineligible to subscribe to the Services if: (1) Customer is a competitor of the Company, (2) Customer or its employees using the Services have been convicted for any computer or Internet related crimes, (3) Customer is more than sixty (60) days past due on any monies owed to the Company, or (4) Customer is located in a region that is prohibited from using the Services by law.
- "Customer" means the party set forth in the related Registration Form and includes any and all users, customers, subscribers, affiliates (including without limitations users or non-users to whom the Company provides links or banners to promote the services or products of the Company or any third party the services or products of which are offered by or obtained through or in connection with the Company), resellers or others (i) who sign up for, use or obtain services or products from the Company or from any third party services or products of which are offered by or obtained through or in connection with the Company, or (ii) who visit the websites of the Company or its affiliates.
- "Devices" means computer hardware, network, storage, input/output, or electronic control devices, or software installed on such devices.
- "Expert Services" shall mean secure web design and website cleaning services.
- "IPs" means Internet Protocol addresses.
- "Network Security Audits" are audits conducted to ascertain the compliance of network Devices with certain published security standards and to disclose security vulnerabilities and may include, but are not limited to, port scanning and port connections, evaluating services by checking versions and responses to certain requests, and crawling a website to perform testing of forms, application responses, or to confirm the existence of certain files. Customer understands and acknowledges that, in some situations, based on analysis of Customer practices by the Company, certain automated or manual system probes to identify website and network vulnerabilities (i) will be inherently invasive and intrusive, and include attempts by the Company or its agents, as applicable, to gain unauthorized access to Customer's systems in an effort to make Customer aware of those areas in which Customer's system is vulnerable to intrusion, damage, and/or unauthorized use, (ii) may result in inadvertent damage to Customer's system as a result of dissimilarities among network systems, (iii) may cause excessive amounts of log messages resulting in excessive disk space consumption, (iv) may cause degradation of Customer' system as a result of attempts to penetrate it including, but not limited to possible "slowdowns", "hanging" or "crashing" of Customer's system, possible failure of Customer's system as a result of attempts to invade it, or any other damage resulting from intrusive and/or invasive techniques used to gain access to Customer's system. Customer hereby gives its informed consent to intrusion into Customer's systems by The Company and its agents for the sole purpose of performing the Evaluation Services provided herein. Customer hereby authorizes the Company to perform Network Security Audits, on any Devices and IPs specified by Customer.
- "Services" means those services offered by the Company that are branded by the Company that have been purchased by Customer, and are provided for the purposes of conducting Network and Website Security Audits.
- "Website" means the Company's systems accessible by the Internet that facilitate, provide or describe the Services.
- Customer Identity and Authority. Customer agrees to provide current, accurate information in all electronic or hardcopy registration forms submitted in connection with the Services. Customer agrees not to impersonate or in any way misrepresent its affiliation or authority to act on behalf of any person, company, or other entity. By subscribing to the Services or accepting these Terms, the Customer personnel using the Services or accepting these Terms, certify that they are authorized to act on behalf of the Customer, and are authorized by Customer as a representative of an individual, business or other legal entity having contractual usage rights granted by an ISP or Web Host owning or licensed to use, any and all IPs and the associated Devices to which you direct the Services to be performed. Customer agrees to cooperate with the Company in reasonable measures to verify the identity and authority of persons using the Services.
- Prohibited Uses. Customer must never use or direct the Services to interact with IPs or Devices for which Customer is not expressly authorized to do so. Customer must not use the Services in such a way as to create unreasonable load on IPs or Devices to which you have directed the Services to interact. Customer may not use any of the Company IP or Device, directly or indirectly, to initiate, propagate, participate, direct or attempt any attack, hack, or crack, or send bandwidth saturation, malicious or potentially damaging network messages to any Device, whether owned by the Company or not. Customer must not direct any such attacks of any kind using any protocol at any of the Company's Devices. Customer must not direct bots, spiders, crawlers, or any other automated process at the Company's computer systems. Customer must not, through the use of the Services or by any other means, create unreasonable load on any of the Company's Devices. Customer must not use the Services or the Company's Devices to perform any unlawful activity including but not limited to computer crime, transmission or storage of illegal content, or content or software in violation of intellectual property and copyright laws. Customer must not access information on the Company's Devices for which you are not authorized, or which is not made available intentionally, publicly and in accordance with the Company's Privacy Statement. If Customer gains access to any information for which Customer is not authorized, by any method or means, or for any reason, Customer must report such access to the Company immediately and destroy all electronic or hard copies of such information. Customer must report incidents by email with return receipt requested as set forth on our Website. Any breach of the above covenants will result in immediate termination of Services and, if appropriate, referral to law enforcement authorities.
- Conduct and Content. Customer will use the Services in a responsible, businesslike manner in accordance with the law. Customer is responsible for its conduct while using the Services, as well as for any content Customer posts, distributes, transmits or solicits from others while using the Services. Customer will not use the Services in such a way as to distribute, link-to, transmit or solicit any content of any type that: (a) is unlawful, libelous, violates a contract, or regulation; (b) is obscene, harmful to minors, pornographic, invasive to another's privacy, racist, unethical, or otherwise offensive; (c) advocates or solicits criminal behavior, violence or racism; (d) infringes on someone's intellectual property rights, copyright, or other right; (e) constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited commercial communications such as bulk or SPAM email; (f) contains any computer code designed to disrupt, damage or impair any computer or network systems and software, such as viruses, trojans, back doors, or macros, whether or not any damage occurs; (g) surreptitiously intercepts, downloads, copies, detrimentally interferes with, damages, or expropriates any system, data, or personally identifying information; (h) defaces the Web site or Services in any way; or (i) reveals your account access information such as your password or secret question. Customer will comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and the Company policies regarding on-line conduct and content.
- Security. Customer agrees not to provide access to the Services by; (a) allowing others to use its account; (b) creating an account for someone who is not authorized to perform the role or view the information for which you have granted access; or (c) failing to revoke access for those persons who are no longer authorized to access the Services for any reason. Customer will immediately notify the Company of any unauthorized access from its account or the accounts of others for which Customer has administrative authority, including the use of accounts, passwords, or any other breach of security. Customer will not solicit another party's password for any reason. Customer will not access someone else's account, nor disrupt, interfere, or limit the functioning of the Services, or other's enjoyment of the Services.
- Expert Services.
- In the event the Company provides Expert Services to Customer, Customer understands, acknowledge and agrees to allow the Company to perform any and/or all of the following:
- Log in to Customer's website through Customer's control panel and/or FTP by using credentials provided by the Customer;
- Download Customer's website (e.g., pages, code, images, etc.), database, and any associated applications related to Customer's website;
- Diagnose, repair, and/or remove any malware or links to malware, modify code to remove vulnerabilities identified to database or cross-site scripting types of hacks;
- Upgrade application versions for any applications that are known to be vulnerable (e.g., blogs, shopping carts, etc.);
- Create new web pages and/or perform web design services;
- Re-upload Customer's website; and/or
- Modify Customer's login credentials to any application, account, and/or related matters.
- Contact Customer's hosting company on behalf of Customer
- Contact Google, Phishtank and/or other malware listing authorities on behalf of Customer.
- In the event the Company provides Expert Services to Customer, Customer shall assist the Company as follows:
- Modifying login credentials for Customer's FTP account(s), hosting account(s), applications, and e-mail account(s), using a strong password (i.e. upper case characters, lower case characters, numbers, symbols);
- Running and keep up-to-date all anti-virus software on all Devices
- Research any scripts, programs, plug-ins, themes a Customer implements for known security vulnerabilities; remove any known and/or unresolved vulnerabilities;
- Remove unused FTP accounts;
- Remove all unknown cron jobs;
- Secure php configuration settings in a Customer's php.ini file(s);
- Update file permissions for files and folders in a Customer's account.
- Purchase any required upgrades of third-party software necessary for security vulnerabilities.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
Copyright and Intellectual Property. All content provided by the Company in connection with the Services is protected under copyright law. Unless authorized in writing by the Company or elsewhere in these Terms, Customer must not reproduce or distribute in any form, whether or not for commercial purposes, any part of the Services. Unless indicated otherwise, you may view, download, copy, and print the Company documents from the Services, as long as such documents are for Customer's use only and are not posted, distributed, modified, including being defaced or remove copyright, trademark or other intellectual property ownership notices.
- The Company does not guarantee the accuracy of information found through its Services. Customer reliance on information found through its Services is at your own risk.
- THE SERVICES, AND ALL ITS CONTENTS, IS PROVIDED TO Customer "AS IS." THE COMPANY MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF THE RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES, OR DATA ACCURACY.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THE COMPANY OR ANY OTHERS INVOLVED IN CREATING THE SERVICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY CIRCUMSTANCE INVOLVING THE SERVICES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, MISDIRECTED OR REDIRECTED TRANSMISSIONS, FAILED INTERNET CONNECTIONS, UNAUTHORIZED USE OF THIS SITE, LOST DATA, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, BREACH OF SECURITY, LINE FAILURE, DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY USER OF THIS SITE, OR COMPUTER VIRUS, WORM, TROJAN HORSE OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENT), EVEN IF Customer HAVE ADVISED THE COMPANY IN ADVANCE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
- THE COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE CONTENTS AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICES IN TERMS OF THEIR TIMELINESS, CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. WHILE WE MAKE REASONABLE EFFORTS TO PROVIDE ACCURATE AND TIMELY INFORMATION, Customer SHOULD NOT ASSUME THAT THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IS ALWAYS UP TO DATE OR THAT THIS SITE CONTAINS ALL THE RELEVANT INFORMATION AVAILABLE. WE UNDERTAKE NO OBLIGATION TO VERIFY OR MAINTAIN THE CURRENCY OF SUCH INFORMATION.
- Applicable laws may not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to Customer. However, in no event shall the Company's aggregate liability to you or any third party for damages, losses, and causes of action exceed the amount paid by Customer, if any, for accessing the Services or $100, whichever is less. Customer agrees to bring any and all actions within one year from the date of the accrual of the cause of action, and that actions brought after this date will be barred.
- NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY CUSTOMER FROM THE COMPANY OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY OR OTHER OBLIGATION NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THE TERMS.
- Right to Display the Company's Seals. Customer agrees to place the HTML source code only on sites provided by the Company for the display of the Company's seals. Customer agrees to only place this HTML code on sites that are approved by the Company. The Company's seals shall at all times be served only from the Company's designated servers and remain under the full control of the Company. the Company shall have the right to discontinue the serving of the Company's seals should any Website, or other device being scanned that is used in connection with the Website or its services fail to meet the Company's certification guidelines. Removal of the Company's seals for reasons stated in the previous sentence does not relieve any financial obligation Customer has to the Company nor does it constitute any responsibility for the Company to provide refunds during the time that the seals are not displayed. Should Customer discontinue the Services, Customer agrees to immediately remove all HTML source code supplied by the Company from Customer's servers. Customer is prohibited from using the Company's seals for or on behalf of any other organization or in connection with any domain name and/or organization name other than those approved by the Company, and enrolled and established under Customer's account. Customer will not alter the Company's seals in any form, change the data contained within the image, change the file name of the image, or artificially change the size or shape of the image(s). The right to display the Company's seals is a non-exclusive, limited license which may be revoked at any time at the sole discretion of the Company.
- Privacy. By agreeing to these Terms, Customer also agrees that the Company may collect and use Customer personnel's personally identifying information in accordance with the Company's Privacy Statement. Customer also agrees to make commercially reasonable efforts to avoid accessing or revealing private or personally identifying information using the Services, and to comply with any provisions of the Privacy Statement that may affect use of the Services. The Company's Privacy Statement is incorporated here by reference, and is subject to change from time to time at the Company's sole discretion.
- Use of Interactive Services. Any forums, chat rooms, support tools or other interactive tools associated with the Services are intended as a tool to discuss computer security issues, generally available the Company products, services, and other business and technical issues related to the use of the Services. The interactive services are not intended to register complaints and may not be used by Customer to solicit for business. The Company does not normally screen or edit user content or monitor interactive services, except as necessary to provide technical and customer support, but reserves the right to do so in the future. The Company is not responsible for any unintended or prohibited content.
- Confidentiality. Except as provided in the Company's Privacy Statement, the Company and Customer agree, for a period of on (1) year following expiration or termination of the Services, to hold each other's Confidential Information in confidence and not to disclose it to any third party without the prior written consent of the disclosing party. The parties agree to use such Confidential Information of the disclosing party only for the purpose of performing the party's obligations under this Agreement. Further, the receiving party shall use the same degree of care it uses with respect to its own Confidential Information to prevent the unauthorized disclosure to a third party, but in no event less than reasonable care. Customer understands and agrees that the Company may transfer the Customer data, which is gathered by the Services purchased by Customer, to the Company data centers outside of Customer's nation for purposes of fulfilling the Company's obligations under these Terms. "Confidential Information" shall mean non-public, proprietary information including, without limitation, any information, technical data or know-how relating to discoveries, ideas, inventions, concepts, software, equipment, designs, drawings, specifications, techniques, processes, models, data, source code, object code, documentation, diagrams, flow charts, research, development, business plans or opportunities, business strategies, future projects or products, projects or products under consideration, procedures, and information related to finances, costs, prices, vendors, customers and employees which is disclosed by such party or on its behalf whether before, on or after the date hereof, directly or indirectly, in writing, orally, or by drawings or inspection of equipment or software, to the other party or any of its employees or agents. Customer agrees that the password or secret question used by Customer to access its account to receive Services shall be treated as Confidential Information. Customer agrees that the logos, trademarks or other identifying characteristics of Customer are not Confidential Information and that the Company may identify Customer as a customer, provided that such reference does not include any Confidential Information. The obligations to protect Confidential Information under this Section shall not apply to information which: (a) is or becomes publicly known through no act or failure to act on the part of the receiving party; (b) was rightfully in the receiving party's possession prior to disclosure by the disclosing party; (c) became rightfully known to the receiving party, without confidential or proprietary restrictions, from a source other than the disclosing party; (d) is approved by the disclosing party for disclosure without restriction; (e) is or was developed independently by the receiving party without use of or reference to any of the Confidential Information and without violation of any confidentiality restriction; or (f) is required to be disclosed by law.
- Billing/Automatic Renewal. Customer's account will be automatically charged annually in advance until cancelled. As long as Customer's website qualifies for the displaying of the Company's logos/images, Customer may continue displaying the seal for the remaining period. Customer agrees that subscription based Services will automatically renew at the end of each subscription period, at the then current list price for the Service, unless Customer sends notice of Customer's request that the Services not renew. Such notice of non-renewal must be sent to the Company at least thirty (30) days prior to the end of Customer's current subscription period. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if Customer purchased the Services from a the Company authorized reseller of the Services, the subscription for the Services will not automatically renew at the end of the purchased subscription period, but shall expire and require the purchase of a new subscription period in order for the Services subscription period to be renewed.
- Refund Policy. Customer may be eligible for a refund of subscription fees in the event the Company's products and services (collectively the "Services") fail to perform, as determined solely by the Company. Any refund request must be made, in writing including the reasons for the refund, within thirty (30) days of signing up for the Services. In the event of a refund, the Company may not be able to refund any taxes that Customer paid. the Company will use commercially reasonable efforts to refund promptly any charges (less any amounts that Customer owes) to Customer. This Refund Policy shall not apply if Customer is found to be in violation of the Company's terms of service.
- Breach. Customer is in breach of this agreement if Customer fail to pay any amount owed to the Company when due, subject to a 10 day grace period, or Customer fails to comply with these Terms. Unless otherwise stated, fees for Services are due in advance and subject to payment terms in the invoice(s) for the Services, which are incorporated into these Terms by reference. If Customer is in default, the Company may take any or all of the following actions to remedy the default and protect its interests: (a) declare all unpaid monies immediately due and payable; (b) Terminate Services; (c) terminate the Services; (d) take any other lawful action the Company may deem appropriate to enforce your obligations under these Terms. Customer agrees to pay costs and reasonable attorney's fees the Company may incur enforcing its rights under this agreement.
- Sales/Use Tax. Customer shall pay all sales and other taxes, however designated, which are levied or imposed by reason of the transactions contemplated hereby, except for taxes based on the Company's net income.
- Indemnity. Customer agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend the Company, its officers, directors, employers, agents, suppliers, licensors, and third party information providers, or other related parties from and against all losses, damages, costs, and attorney's fees ("Claims") resulting from violation of these Terms or any action, whether intentional, malicious, inadvertent, wrongful or negligent, related to Customer's account, Customer's use of the Services or any other person or persons who uses Customer's user account. The Company does NOT indemnify Customer against such Claims made against Customer by others as a result of Customer's use of the Services.
- Limitation of Liability. Customer expressly agrees that the Company shall have no liability or obligation, whether arising from contract, tort, warranty, or otherwise, for any loss of revenue, profit, data, use of money, use of time, or for any incidental, consequential, special, or indirect damages, foreseen, foreseeable, unforeseeable, or otherwise, arising from your use of the Services, to the extent allowed by law. This limitation applies to all claims or causes of action including but not limited to those arising from Service availability, your access and use of third party services, content or software, or any other matter relating to the Services. Customer agrees that the Company's liability for all causes of actions relating to these Terms and any matters relating to the Company's delivery of, or Customer's use of the Services shall not exceed the monies paid to the Company in the 12 months preceding the proper service of the cause of action.
- Authorization to Enter this Agreement. When requesting Services, Customer represents and warrants that he/she/it has full right, power, and authority to act on behalf of the affected parties. Customer further states that he/she/it has the needed permission with your hosting service, technology team, and/or any other affected party, for the Company to conduct regular remote security scans. Customer also further states that such security scans are legal in your locale. Upon request, Customer agrees to provide the Company any material required to verify the above-stated Customer authority and authorization.
- Modification of Terms and Services. The Company reserves the right to modify these Terms from time to time. The modified Terms will be posted on this page. Customer should check here from time to time for updates. Customer agrees that its use of the Services after such a change will be deemed full and adequate acceptance of the modified Terms. The Company also reserves the right to modify, discontinue or make temporarily unavailable the Services. Any new or modified features of the Services, unless explicitly stated otherwise, are subject to these Terms.
- Entire Agreement. Customer acknowledges that these Terms with the Company's Privacy Statement constitute the entire agreement between Customer and the Company. Customer agrees that these terms supersede any prior agreements or statements made verbally or in writing.
- Severability. Customer agrees that if any term in this agreement is deemed to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable for any reason, all other terms shall remain in force.
- Governing Law. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement, the formation of this Agreement or the breach of this Agreement, including any claim based upon arising from an alleged tort, shall be governed by the substantive laws of the State of Arizona. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to this Agreement.
- Binding Individual Arbitration
Waiver of Rights. Customer agrees that the only way to waive rights under these Terms is explicitly and in writing. Any failure to enforce any right under this agreement will not waive that right.
- Purpose. The term "Dispute" means any dispute, claim, or controversy between you and the Company regarding any services provided, whether based in contract, statute, regulation, ordinance, tort (including, but not limited to, fraud, misrepresentation, fraudulent inducement, or negligence), or any other legal or equitable theory, and includes the validity, enforceability or scope of this Section (with the exception of the enforceability of the Class Action Waiver clause below). "Dispute" is to be given the broadest possible meaning that will be enforced. If you have a Dispute with The Company or any of a The Company's officers, directors, employees, attorneys and agents that cannot be resolved through negotiation within the time-frame described in the "Notice of Dispute" clause below. Other than those matters listed in the Exclusions from Arbitration clause, you and the Company that you have a Dispute with agree to seek resolution of the Dispute only through arbitration of that Dispute in accordance with the terms of this Section, and not litigate any Dispute in court. Arbitration means that the Dispute will be resolved by a neutral arbitrator instead of in a court by a judge or jury.
- Exclusions from Arbitration. YOU AND THE COMPANY AGREE THAT ANY CLAIM FILED BY YOU OR BY THE COMPANY IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT ARE NOT SUBJECT TO THE ARBITRATION TERMS CONTAINED IN THIS SECTION.
- RIGHT TO OPT OUT OF BINDING ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER WITHIN 30 DAYS. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE BOUND BY THE BINDING ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER IN THIS SECTION, YOU MUST NOTIFY THE COMPANY IN WRITING WITHIN 30 DAYS OF THE DATE THAT YOU ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT. YOUR WRITTEN NOTIFICATION MUST BE MAILED TO THE COMPANY AND MUST INCLUDE: (1) YOUR NAME, (2) YOUR ADDRESS, (3) YOUR ACCOUNT NAME/NUMBER, IF YOU HAVE ONE, AND (4) A CLEAR STATEMENT THAT YOU DO NOT WISH TO RESOLVE DISPUTES WITH THE COMPANY THROUGH ARBITRATION.
- Notice of Dispute. IF YOU HAVE A DISPUTE WITH THE COMPANY, YOU MUST SEND WRITTEN NOTICE TO THE COMPANY TO GIVE THE COMPANY YOU HAVE A DISPUTE WITH THE OPPORTUNITY TO RESOLVE THE DISPUTE INFORMALLY THROUGH NEGOTIATION. You agree to negotiate resolution of the Dispute in good faith for no less than 60 days after you provide notice of the Dispute. If the Dispute you have with The Company is not resolved within 60 days from receipt of notice of the Dispute, you or The Company may pursue your claim in arbitration pursuant to the terms in this Section.
- Class Action Waiver. ANY DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROCEEDINGS, WHETHER IN ARBITRATION OR COURT, WILL BE CONDUCTED ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT IN A CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR AS A NAMED OR UNNAMED MEMBER IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED, REPRESENTATIVE OR PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL LEGAL ACTION, UNLESS BOTH YOU AND THE COMPANY SPECIFICALLY AGREE TO DO SO IN WRITING FOLLOWING INITIATION OF THE ARBITRATION. THIS PROVISION DOES NOT PRECLUDE YOUR PARTICIPATION AS A MEMBER IN A CLASS ACTION FILED ON OR BEFORE AUGUST 20, 2011.
- Initiation of Arbitration Proceeding/Selection of Arbitrator. If you or The Company elect to resolve your Dispute through arbitration, the party initiating the arbitration proceeding may initiate it with the American Arbitration Association ("AAA"), www.adr.org, or JAMS www.jamsadr.com. The terms of this Section govern in the event they conflict with the rules of the arbitration organization selected by the parties.